The 2019 Club Championship Match, recently rechristened as the Meg & Ernie Clarke Memorial Match, will take place on Sunday, October 13th, along with the annual Bull Roast. Come out and compete for Club bragging rights and a chance at the grand prize of free membership dues for next year!
Test your skills against a variety of stages showcasing all that AAF&G has to offer. Any Life, Full, Family, or Provisional member is welcome to participate. The match fee will be $10; guests, or anyone else who doesn’t wish to compete in the entire match, will be able to shoot individual stages for a nominal fee. Guns and ammo will be provided—you can bring your own equipment, but the range officers for each stage have the final say on what, if any, personal equipment is allowed.
We look forward to seeing you out on the range in friendly competition with your fellow Club members! Registration will open in the Clubhouse around 9:30AM with shooting to begin at 10AM. Registration will close at noon to ensure that everyone finishes no later than 2PM.
Although subject to change, expect to shoot the following six stages:
- Precision Pistol: A mixture of slow and timed fire, using provided .22LR pistols with either iron or optical sights.
- Cowboy Action: An all steel target stage using 19th century revolver, lever-action rifle, and coach gun.
- Action Pistol: Run-and-gun with a provided 9mm semi-automatic pistol, using IDPA scoring to measure speed and accuracy.
- Archery: Shooting at 20 yards for score against a bullseye target.
- Double Trap: Five pairs of birds from the number 3 position. Ammo provided and loaned shotguns available.
- Rifle: Rimfire Sporter shooting with provided rifles, 50 yards standing offhand.