Always obey the Four Primary Rules of Gun Safety:
- Always treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
- Never point a firearm at something you are not willing to destroy.
- Always be sure of your target, what’s behind it, and what’s in front of it.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
AAF&G Range Use & Safety
AAF&G appointed Range Safety Officers (RSOs) represent the Officers and Directors of AAF&G on Club Property in enforcing the Range Use and Safety Rules. Their decisions and directions must be followed. Willful violation of the Club Rules or failure to comply with a Range Safety Officer will result in a review by the Board of Directors, which may lead to the loss of membership and/or visitation privileges.
Members must ensure that every guest they bring on the property (as allowed by the Bylaws) fills out and submits a guest Waiver form, which can be downloaded below.
Temporary Range Rules
Beginning on 23 March, 2020, various State restrictions have required AAF&G to adopt temporary range rules to remain compliant. Effective 17 June, 2020, the following rules are in effect:
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to follow all COVID-19 related health guidance available. Information and resources can be found on the CDC website.
- Anybody considered high risk for COVID-19 are strongly encouraged to remain at home and not come to AAF&G. Guidelines can be found on the CDC website.
- Anybody exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 must not come to AAF&G. This includes fever, coughing, breathing difficulty, chills, or other symptoms as described on the CDC website.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear cloth face masks while on AAF&G property, though this is not mandatory.
- Everyone is encouraged to sanitize shooting benches or tables both before and after shooting (High Power, Plinking, Precision Pistol). The Club will provide multi-use hand and surface sanitizer in spray bottles on all appropriate ranges.
- Everyone is encouraged to wash their hands before and after shooting. The Club will provide multi-use hand and surface sanitizer in spray bottles in order to minimize use of Clubhouse rest rooms.
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to maintain 6-foot minimum distance from each other and to avoid large gatherings anywhere on the grounds.
- Everyone should avoid sharing personal equipment, and should sanitize public equipment (staplers, tape, etc.) before use.
- Match Directors, Range Safety Officers, and other event co-ordinators may enforce additional restrictions at their respective events with the approval of the appropriate Range Committee Chair.